stole packages that had been left by the deliverymen, while charities are partnering in Oklahoma to prevent fraud over the holiday season. With safety and security in mind, here are some tips to protect you and your organization over the Christmas period:
- Keep any gifts you buy hidden in your home, making sure they cannot be seen by anyone who may be looking in from the outside
- If you run a business and need help for the holidays, be sure to run background checks on any potential employees
- Keep a close eye on your organizations inventory and finances
- When out and about in crowded places (eg – shopping malls) keep your valuables close and in a safe place
- Plan transport home from holiday events – pre-booking licensed taxis when appropriate – and never drink and drive
- Businesses closing for the Christmas holiday should ensure that their list of keyholders is up to date so that police can contact them easily if their alarm is activated
- Any businesses with physical locations should also ensure their security systems are in order and that regular visits are made to the premises over the holiday period
- Don’t leave empty boxes outside for the refuse collectors. The boxes will let people know you have a new television, computer etc
- If you are going away for the holidays, don’t make it obvious that there is no one at home. For example, get a neighbor to collect your mail so that it doesn’t build up
- Look out for your friends and family. If you need a friend to watch your house or business for a couple of days, help them out and do the same. After all – generosity exemplifies the spirit of Christmas!
Quality and Precise Results, On Time!
Let us know about your screening needs to get a custom quote. We work with businesses big and small as well as the government. Which means we have a package of solutions for your organization as well.