One of our key tasks for clients in 2011 is to ensure that you have all the resources necessary to understand what Mind Your Business (MYB) do, the regulations we adhere to, associations we are affiliated with and what we can do for you. The aim of this is to create a more transparent environment for you, to provide a better all-round customer service. As part of this, we are going to start with a five-post explanation of MYB‘s relationship with NAPBS (National Association of Professional Background Screeners) – a pivotal authority in the background screening industry who provide businesses with resources, regulations and accreditation to allow companies to run a valuable, trust-worthy and affordable service. So post number 1…..What is NAPBS? NAPBS is an association of more than 300 companies directly or indirectly engaged in the business of background screening. Membership is divided into three classifications:
– Regular (or voting) membership is reserved for Pre-employment and/or Tenant Screening Agencies. These are the companies that take responsibility for conducting the actual screens on behalf of employers and landlords.
– Affiliate membership is available to those professionals who provide support to Regular members, such as insurance, legal and consulting services. Affiliate membership is also available to other Human Resource professionals who have an interest in the field.
– Associate membership is available to those companies and individuals who support the industry by providing and/or managing data. These include public record retrievers, technology companies, and other providers of data.
So why do they exist? Their main aims are to:
- Establish and promote ethical business standards and practices
- Promote compliance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA)
- Foster awareness of issues related to consumer protection and privacy rights
As part of NAPBS, Mind Your Business is letting customers know that we are keen to abide by the legal, social and practical measures that they enforce, as well as getting involved in the resources they provide, to give you the best possible service.
If you have any questions regarding NAPBS or Mind Your Business, get in touch. We will do all we can to provide you with answers to give you a better insight into what background screening involves.
Stay tuned for the next post – What are the NAPBS guidelines for?]]>
Quality and Precise Results, On Time!
Let us know about your screening needs to get a custom quote. We work with businesses big and small as well as the government. Which means we have a package of solutions for your organization as well.