Higher education background checks
infographic for these insights – and we’ve pulled a few of the most interesting – and impactful – statistics to share with you:
- 84% of higher education programs see lies or misrepresentations on their candidate’s applications
- 90% higher education organizations conduct criminal record searches…
- …But only 61% perform identity verification checks
- 76% don’t perform social media background checks (while the most common social media platform used for screening was LinkedIn (17%))
- 79% still use online job boards as one of their primary recruitment resources
- Key benefits of screening were identified as “better quality of hires” and “more consistent safety and security”
- Key challenges faced by higher education organizations include “finding qualified candidates” and “retaining employees”
You May Also Like
Check out these additional posts from Mind Your Business.
Quality and Precise Results, On Time!
Let us know about your screening needs to get a custom quote. We work with businesses big and small as well as the government. Which means we have a package of solutions for your organization as well.