Georgia Dept. of Agriculture failed to use E-Verify
E-Verify is an Internet-based, free program run by the United States government that compares information from an employee’s Employment Eligibility Verification Form I-9 to data from U.S. government records. Benefits of E-Verify HRMorning and NumberUSA state the following advantages to the E-Verify system, displaying why and how it has become such a pivotal part of the employment screening process:
- It allows the employer to query the government databases as to validity of documentation.
- For those in vulnerable industries, it saves time and training by identifying unauthorized workers.
- It is easy to use and free for employers.
- An employer who uses the pilot in good faith cannot be held liable for hiring an illegal alien (use of the system is an affirmative defense.)
- Mandatory use of E-Verify ensures that all U.S. businesses operate on a level playing field.
- American taxpayers benefit because they don’t have to subsidize employers’ cheap labor by providing welfare.
You May Also Like
Check out these additional posts from Mind Your Business.
Quality and Precise Results, On Time!
Let us know about your screening needs to get a custom quote. We work with businesses big and small as well as the government. Which means we have a package of solutions for your organization as well.