Companies start signing on to the Fair Chance Business Pledge
Fair Chance Business Pledge. The 19 initial signatories include major companies such as American Airlines, Busboys and Poets, The Coca-Cola Company, Facebook, Georgia Pacific, Google, Greyston Bakery, The Hershey Company, The Johns Hopkins Hospital and Health System, Koch Industries, Libra Group, PepsiCo, Prudential, Starbucks, Uber, Under Amour/Plank Industries, Unilever and Xerox. The pledge encourages signatories to take the following actions to promote fair hiring practices:
- “Banning the Box” by delaying criminal history questions until later in the hiring process;
- Training human resources staff on making fair decisions regarding applicants with criminal records;
- Ensuring internships and job training are available to individuals with criminal records;
- Using reliable background check providers to help ensure accuracy; and
- Hosting a Fair Chance and Opportunity Job Fair
You May Also Like
Check out these additional posts from Mind Your Business.
Quality and Precise Results, On Time!
Let us know about your screening needs to get a custom quote. We work with businesses big and small as well as the government. Which means we have a package of solutions for your organization as well.