240,000 jobs gained in October according to BLS
The Employment Situation – October 2013‘, released by the U.S. Department of Labor’s Bureau of Labor Statistics. In October 2013, job gains occurred in leisure and hospitality, retail trade, professional and technical services, manufacturing, and health care. Over the past 12 months, employment growth has averaged 190,000 jobs per month. Among specific industries, the October 2013 Employment Situation found:
- Leisure and hospitality employment rose by 53,000 jobs in October 2013, with employment in food services and drinking places increasing by 29,000 jobs.
- Retail trade employment increased by 44,000 jobs in October 2013, compared with an average monthly gain of 31,000 over the prior 12 months.
- Professional and technical services employment rose by 21,000 jobs in October 2013 and has grown by 213,000 jobs over the past 12 months.
- Manufacturing employment added 19,000 jobs in October 2013, with job growth occurring most in motor vehicles and parts with 6,000 jobs added.
- Health care employment increased by 15,000 jobs in October 2013, and growth in the industry has averaged 17,000 jobs per month thus far this year.
You May Also Like
Check out these additional posts from Mind Your Business.
Quality and Precise Results, On Time!
Let us know about your screening needs to get a custom quote. We work with businesses big and small as well as the government. Which means we have a package of solutions for your organization as well.