2016 Election: Which states are voting on legalizing marijuana?
employers may lawfully terminate employees that fail drug tests due to marijuana usage, even if the drug is only used outside of working hours. And Alaska has also had a similar conversation: “Alcohol is legal, but I imagine most jobs, if you show up drunk, you’re getting fired or disciplined,” said Jason Brandeis of the University of Alaska Anchorage’s Justice Center. Here are the five states where, come November, marijuana may be a legal drug (originally provided by IBTimes):
- Arizona – Under the guidelines of Proposition 205, adults 21 and up would be allowed to possess and recreationally use one ounce or less of marijuana.
- California – Proposition 64 would legalize recreational weed and hemp for people 21 and older.
- Maine – Question 1 would legalize recreational use of marijuana throughout the state, allowing adults 21 and up to use and possess cannabis.
- Massachusetts – Question 4 would fully legalize marijuana with regulations similar to the state’s approach to alcoholic beverages.
- Nevada – Under Question 2, people 21 and older would be able to possess and use up to one ounce of marijuana for recreational purposes.
You May Also Like
Check out these additional posts from Mind Your Business.
Quality and Precise Results, On Time!
Let us know about your screening needs to get a custom quote. We work with businesses big and small as well as the government. Which means we have a package of solutions for your organization as well.