10 things everyone ought to know about employment screening
protect their business. If you’re unsure, here are ten thing everyone ought to know about employment screening – and hopefully these will help you change your mind:
- According to statistics on drug abuse by American workers, workplace drug and alcohol use costs U.S. businesses an estimated $100 billion each year. Make drug testing a key part of your screening process.
- 53% of all job applications contain inaccurate information during the application process. Don’t you want to know who’s lying?
- There are currently four applicants for every vacant position. Use this to your advantage and choose only the very best.
- Employers have lost more than 78% of negligent hiring cases. Screening out bad applicants prior to hiring can save you a lot in long term.
- 30% of all business failures are caused by employee theft. That’s almost 1 in 3 failed businesses that may have been saved had employment screening occurred.
- 10% of all background checks have at least one serious flag. Find this red flag before it’s too late.
- It may seem confusing, but hiring a pre-employment screening company can make it a lot easier for you.
- There is no such thing as “free” or “instant” background checks. Avoid companies offering these.
- Workplace violence accounts for 18% of all violent crime. Employment screening can help you screen out those with a violent history during the application process.
- The average costs of a bad hire may equal 30% of the first year’s potential earnings. Do you really want this cost hanging over you? A little cost for proper employment screening checks can help save a lot down the line.
You May Also Like
Check out these additional posts from Mind Your Business.
Quality and Precise Results, On Time!
Let us know about your screening needs to get a custom quote. We work with businesses big and small as well as the government. Which means we have a package of solutions for your organization as well.