10 vital steps to hiring a great team
Hiring the right employee, however, pays you back in employee productivity, a successful employment relationship, and a positive impact on your total work environment and – ultimately – your profits. Here are our ten vital steps to hiring a great team:
1. Understand your needsThe first step is the most important step towards a successful outcome. You and your team need to develop a clear understanding of your company’s culture, structure, policies, vision, and how this specific position fits within this.
2. Prepare your job postingPrepare a job posting that defines the duties, requirements and responsibilities of the position you wish to fill. Make sure that this is understood and accepted by the rest of the team that will be working with the new employee.
3. Collaborate with your team on your interview processWhat are the key questions you need answered prior to hiring for this role? Ensure you’re all on the same page with hiring objectives before bringing anyone in for an interview.
4. Screen candidates thoroughlyDepending on the role, you’ll need to employ various screening tactics to ensure they’re right for the vacancy. Bring a professional employment screening firm on board to make sure this process runs smoothly and effectively.
5. In-depth Qualifying ProcessFollowing this, you’ll need to conduct in-depth interviews with the candidates who pass the employment and background screening process. This may include in-depth phone call screening and face-to-face behavioral based interviews.
6. Don’t waste your timeDon’t rush your decision simply to fill a vacancy. Even if it takes a long time to find the right person, this will benefit you in the long run.
7. Focus on personal trajectories as well as professionalDon’t forget to ensure all employees and potential employees understand that you care about them personally, as well as professionally. Take the time to understand their goals and needs, and how you as an employer can help them succeed.
8. Respect everyone’s opinionWhen hiring, everyone’s opinion is relevant and valuable. Keep an open mind.
9. Request feedback from all quartersLike #8, an open mind in opinions will lead to the desire of feedback from all involved – from management to your current team to the potential employee.
10. Enjoy the processYou’re building your team and, if things work out, driving increased success for your business – enjoy it! ]]>
You May Also Like
Check out these additional posts from Mind Your Business.
Quality and Precise Results, On Time!
Let us know about your screening needs to get a custom quote. We work with businesses big and small as well as the government. Which means we have a package of solutions for your organization as well.