The government shutdown continues to be problematic for the employment screening industry. Previously, we highlighted how CBSV and E-Verify were suffering delays.
We are also seeing services from FTC being put on hold until the conclusion of the shutdown. The website currently has the following message: “The FTC is closed due to the lapse in government funding.”
The following FTC services are NOT available during the shutdown:
- National Do Not Call Registry (For consumers)
- National Do Not Call Registry (For telemarketers)
- Consumer Sentinel Network (For law enforcement)
- Complaint Assistant (For filing consumer complaints)
- Identitytheft.gov (For consumers reporting ID theft)
- Econsumer.gov (For consumers reporting international complaints)
The following FTC services ARE available during the shutdown:
- Premerger: The Premerger Notification Office (PNO) and the Department of Justice (DOJ) Premerger Office will be OPEN during regular hours to receive HSR filings. The PNO will operate with a limited staff so will NOT answer email or telephone inquiries regarding HSR rules or filing procedures. Early Termination of waiting periods will NOT be granted during the shutdown.
- Public Comment: Public comments can be submitted, using the appropriate web form, through ftc.gov or www.regulations.gov but the FTC will take no action on these comments until the government reopens.
- E-Filing: Individuals can submit documents to be filed, but the FTC will take no action until the government reopens.
- Freedom of Information Act (FOIA): FOIA requests may be filed, but they will not be processed until the government reopens.
- Registered Identification Number (RN) Database: The RN Database will be available but staff are not available to respond to queries.
If you have any further questions on how the government shutdown may affect our screening services, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Quality and Precise Results, On Time!
Let us know about your screening needs to get a custom quote. We work with businesses big and small as well as the government. Which means we have a package of solutions for your organization as well.